This is one of those super easy, no-fuss, no-mess recipes that delivers on flavour! Perfect for a weeknight, and is easily prepared overnight. Coming home from a long day at work? Pop these in the oven for 45 minutes, sit back, relax and voila! Your entree is served…
This chicken is robust, balancing the spice from the cayenne with the sweet grassy tone of coriander seeds. The smokiness of the paprika adds another layer of flavour to the dish. Enjoy with a side of coleslaw, rice, or a pint of beer (Hey! Perfectly legit “side dish”). The skin crisps up beautifully in the oven, giving you the effect of fried chicken without loading on the fat and calories.
Oven Crisped Smoked Paprika Chicken
- 2.5 – 3Lbs Chicken Thigh (with skin and bones)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- scallions and sliced chili peppers (for garnish)
The Fun Part:
- Add the spices, salt and pepper to chicken thigh. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat every piece with oil and spices. Let thighs marinade in the fridge for at least 5 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place chicken thighs in a single layer on a cookie sheet, skin facing upwards, taking care not to overcrowd (or the skin won’t crisp).
- Bake for 45 mins or until golden and the skin is crispy.
- Garnish with scallions and sliced chili peppers, and nosh away!